Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Leibowitz and McLachlan

I've fallen in love with the work of Taryn Leibowitz and Tamie McLachlan, partners in the design firm Leibowitz and McLachlan.

I'm way behind the times because Desire to Inspire featured this Sydney duo way back in October 2007, while Blair from Delight by Design and Erin from Designs 4 Living featured them earlier this year.

And now these talented designers have hit the big time, with a feature in the US magazine Interiors, including the front cover.



And their moment in the sun is warranted, as their work is absolutely beautiful.




I have loved every image I've seen so far of their work. Their look is classic, yet fresh. Sophisticated but comfortable. I love the colours too - lashings of white, dark dark wooden floors and lots of punches of dark neutrals.




Their bathrooms are magnificent. Lots of beautiful marble or travertine, warmed up with fabulous details like antique mirrors and perfume bottles, and fluffy white towells.












They have a great eye for texture, and I love their blend of antiques and new pieces.



This zinc coffee table is fantastic.




I love this room - very beachy and laid back, but still sophisticated. You could put your feet up here.



Squidgy couches and a classic white kitchen, what more could you ask for.



Love the texture of this pendant against the cool, smooth white marble.





There's lots of lovely little details everywhere, adding warmth and interest.







I have looked everywhere in Adelaide for chairs like these below! I would love one for my study and one on each end of my dining table.





Outdoor areas are equally beautiful.

I find these designers so inspiring. I can't wait to see what other wonderful homes they create in the future.

All images from Leibowitz and McLachlan, Desire to Inspire, Delight by Design, Designs 4 Living and Content Agency.

Best wishes,

25 comments:

Flax and Spindle said...

Ok, I need to have that bathroom...NOW! Beautiful beautiful!!

Tanya said...

Just love these rooms. Exactly what I'm TRYING to achieve at my house. Lots of texture, light colors with dark earthy accents. Divine!

Lauren said...

wow catherine- i LOVE their style!! it's so you!!! gorgeous images
xoxo

Megan Lee said...

Beautiful pictures! I especially love the shelving unit in the living room.

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

oh I love those white chairs for the end of my table too! gorgeous images, darling! xo

my favorite and my best said...

so simple and elegant. thanks for sharing. i wasn't blogging back in '07 so it's new to ME!.

Blair said...

Me too! I saw their work in interiors as well and just fell in love!

Jan said...

Love all of this, exactly my style, very beautiful.

{eloquent essence} said...

I love it! It's fresh and natural - a modern vintage blend. Thanks for sharing! =)

Porchlight Interiors said...

Absolutely stunning post! I adore this simple style! Tracey xx

Beach Vintage said...

I love the simplicity of this style.

Draffin Bears said...

They are all such gorgeous images.
Everything looks so calm and elegant.

Hugs
Carolyn

Lee said...

I absolutely love their work too - if I could afford it (but I can't) I would hire them to redo my home interior. There is not one of their interiors that I've seen that I don't love. Thanks so much for featuring them on your blog. Lee :)

Alison Gibbs said...

Catherine what fabulous photos you have shown us of L & M's work. They certainly do a sensational job.
Alison

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Lovely images Catherine. Some old favourites here and some new favourites now too! Thanks. They are certainly a talented duo. Julie

ness lockyer said...

They are a crack team thats for sure. Love all the images you picked.
Ness xx

My name is PJ. said...

I was scrolling through, trying to pick out a favorite shot....almost impossible because they're all so great. I do like the bathrooms though and the dresser with the large glass bottles....I could live like that. Yep.

Jeanneoli said...

gorgeous photos...I could slip into so many of the photos and live there:-)

Black Zebra said...

I'm deeply in love with the first picture, that bedroom is everything i aspire my bedroom to be.......*sigh*

abeachcottage.com said...

oh how wonderful that you found them!

Millie said...

Talent with a capital T! Nothing tricked up & fussy here Catherine. I can so understand why you are so taken with them, their style is your style.
Millie ^_^

Terri said...

Gorgeous - their look is very you, from what I can tell. Lots of texture and the look of found objects - very warm and personal while remaining cool and airy and earthy. A lovely look - I wish I had a second house...

xo
Terri

j u s t i m a g i n e said...

ooh fabulous fabulous fabulous !!!

Rachel Follett said...

I love the soft and serene feel to their spaces. So beautiful!

disa said...

情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫