Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The cutest little house on the block


It's proving to be a challenging week in our household. I won't bore you with the details, but it's suffice to say my mantra of the week is 'calm, calm, calm'. And in keeping with my mantra, I thought I would show you this adorable house. It actually looks like an old mill. I just look at it and think how calm and delightful it looks, just nestled there against the lake.

I'm imagining that behind the house it has a little grassed area, like this below.




And there'd be some sort of deck, where you could just sick back with a cool drink and soak up that calming view.



You can't have an amazing view without an eating area - on a sheltered side of the house, filled with comfortable seating and potted flowers.




There'd be yummy things to eat and drink, all close at hand.




Maybe even a lounging area.




Ahh, now I'm feeling a little better!
I hope that if you are having a hectic week, these pictures give you a little holiday too.



Best wishes,

21 comments:

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

. . . and a kind servant to keep fresh ice in my tea and to clean up the picnic when I was done. :)

Kristin said...

Oh love this! That house is awesome!

Flax and Spindle said...

Ok, so when do I move in?

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

oh this images really help... to relax and dream... lovely!

Alison Gibbs said...

Catherine - keep calm. Yes you have created a wonderful scene for us all.
Alison

Melissa said...

LOVE IT. I want to go there right now...

Daniella said...

Aww so pretty! Looks a little like Scotland too!

ticklishfromadistance said...

Yes to all! I am ready to move in!!!!

Claire Jackson said...

Another divine post Catherine, and how peaceful it looks. If you could find one for me I'd be delighted..."calm, calm, calm":-)

Best wishes, Claire

Renee Bonorand Fleming said...

feeling calm and wishing i could be there

Jednoskrzydła said...

This house is from a poem... for sure! best regards, Anna

ana said...

It's absolutely beutiful with that lake!
just a dream

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Thanks for taking me on a vacation!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Catherine,

Beautiful post, love the little house and the tranquility of everything.

Hugs
Carolyn

Julie@beingRUBY said...

What a wonderful peaceful image. I need to take this to work!

Just remember - 2 steps forward and 1 step back, still gets to it's destination (eventually!)

Blair said...

What a beautiful post! These pictures definitley were a nice little escape.

Sharnel said...

It's the same in my household, my son is a handful to say the least. And i just love it when people make comments about it too. Makes me feel SSSOOO much better .... NOT.
Hope your week gets better.
xx

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Like heaven on earth,thanks!!

Jan said...

I too am having a week where some calm is required, and these pictures are sooooo divine, I wish...mmmmm feeling better already.

My name is PJ. said...

Then an attendant would come and give me a manicure/pedicure. After which my masseur would set his table up in a sheltered area outdoors and work the kinks out of my back. *sigh*

la fille vanille said...

Just found your beautiful blog... Will definitely stop by often. Hope you have a lovely day :-)