Friday, May 15, 2009

True blue



When it comes to boys' rooms, I'm a traditionalist. I love the tried and true theme of red, white and blue. I know it's been done a million times before, but for me, it works! Here are some of my favourite images.



In the picture above, I love the thick quilt, the bunting over the bed and the built in bookshelf - artfully arranged of course!



In the picture below, I've fallen in love with the sweet built in bunk bed, the window seat (a place to dream and read) and the battered leather chair. This looks like a room a boy (or two) could have a lot of fun in - lots of pirate fights and late night ghost stories!





More bunting below, and lovely bead board walls and ceiling for that nautical feeling. Isn't this little boy adorable in his stripey pjs?



Now little Charlie (below) is one lucky little fella, being the proud owner of this jaunty little room. Again, I'm loving the built in bookshelves and the crisp colour theme - oh and those blue and white striped pillows!




Now I'm just loving this inspired room below - it really has style and individuality. I think the red and white stripes are what tips it over the edge for me. I'd love to do this in my son's room, but it is such a small room that I think the stripes would overwhelm it.



How cool would it be, to be a boy with your very own teepee?



As I type, I am listening to the rain pelting down on the roof. I think we are in for a rather wintry evening, so I am so happy to be sitting in my warm living room, with my son at my side (he's reading Enid Blyton's The Enchanted Wood, which fills me with joy to know my son is reading the same books I loved as a kid), with dinner in the oven.


Images 1 Jenni Booth for Sheridan, 2 John Gruen, 3 Chris Everard, 4 Driftwood and chandelier, 5 Andreas von Einsiedel 6 Chris Everard

I hope you all have a wonderful, fun-filled weekend!


Best wishes,

16 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Catherine, thanks for the great inspiration. I have an 11 yr old son & we're about to embark on a complete renovation of his room (which is rather daunting). He's at that in-between age, not a 'little boy' and 'not a teenager', so I need all the help I can get.

How wonderful that your son i reading Enid Blyton's books, unfortunately my little fella prefers Zac Power!

Have a lovely winter weekend.

Lee :)

Lee said...

Hi again, just read the comment you left over at my blog. And I agree with you completely - I loved every one of the homes in this month's HB. One of the best issues in a long time I think. Lee :)

C said...

Oh I absolutely adooored The Enchanted Wood when I was a child and still do! I still have my very broken and weathered copy which I now read to my nephews! Lovely post!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Those are great rooms. I really love the tree just outside the window in the first picture. And I love the second room - the door is cool.

Have a beautiful, cozy weekend, Catherine. :)

Solange said...

fabulous post! love the blue touches everywhere. it's very fresh. I can't imagine it's winter over there, when here spring is going on and well, starting slowly.

have a great weekend!

Caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

These rooms are so so gorgeous, Catherine!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend, darling!
xoxo

Heidi said...

Cute rooms. I love red white and blue. Here is a link to a company that has great kids room stuff. I got my little boy the Department of motor vehicals bedding. Have a great weekend. Heidi

http://www.landofnod.com/whatsnew/default.aspx

ana said...

I love your blog is so inspirational and full of good ideas
this Indian tent is so great for kids!

www.blogdljr.blogspot.com

timelesshome annika said...

Hello my blogging friend .I am celebrating one year as ablogger come visit and take the chans to win a gift
annika

Rachel Follett said...

Great inspiration! Have a great weekend!

My name is PJ. said...

It never fails to surprise me when you remind us that it's near winter there! My favorite room in your post had the red and white striped wall. That is ONE BOLD MOVE!!

River said...

In "Charlie's" room? There's too many pillows on that bed. Take one off and throw it on a chair...
As for the red and white striped room? Why not make a striped noticeboard for the short wall of A's room. Hang it above his desk if he has one? You'd have the stripes without the overwhelming.
I love the teepee. Years ago I bought one for my grandchildren as a christmas present. They had it for quite a while, but the fabric fell to pieces after it was washed.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Catherine,

Those children's bedrooms are all gorgeous.

The Enchanted Wood was one of my all time favourite books, I read as a child. Great to see children still reading books when so often they are playing on playstation and video games.

Enjoy your weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

ness lockyer said...

I love the Chic Shack room too. Red, white and blue will always say boys room for me too...love it.

It is really cold here too and your evening with Angus snuggled on the couch sounds lovely..enjoy.
Ness xx

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I am not a blue or red fan, but you did a great job with these photos, very inspiring. Thanks

ed said...

情趣用品,情趣,情色,成人,A片,自拍,情趣用品,情趣,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片,情趣用品,情趣,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛,情趣用品,情趣,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,情趣用品,情趣,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影,A片情色,A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,自拍