Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Teeny tiny cupboards

Just a quick post today, as I am heading off for a girl's night out soon. We're going out for all-you-can-eat Mexican - which could be dangerous! But I didn't want to let the day go by without a post for my blog friends, as I'm off for another girls night tomorrow and might not get the chance to post.

So anyways, a little while ago I did a post about blue painted furniture. I was lucky enough to find some lovely images of some cute little cupboards and some other pieces, see here.

Well today I'm sharing with you some green painted pieces. Just two mind you, but they really are beauties!



Please let it be known amongst the universe that the cupboard above is exactly what I'm looking for. I adore its humble simplicity, its usefulness as storage, its potential for lots of lovely vignettes on top. Almost every week I faithfully visit my favourite auction houses, in the hope that one day I will meet a little beauty like this and take it home. One day it will be there, waiting for me, I'm sure of it!



I love the feminine, curved lines of the piece above, and the rustic painted finish. How fantastic would this look in a boudoir?
Enjoy the rest of your day lovely people!
Best wishes,

23 comments:

Romana said...

Two delicious cupboards Catherine, I take one of each thanks! And your "Blue" post has inspired a blue post of my own, going up tonight. Thanks for the inspiration! And have a great girls night out (or two)!
Regards
Romana

Lee said...

Catherine, I am a on the hunt for a new hall table/chest & these are just beautiful inspirational pieces. Have a lovely night with your girlfriends! Lee :)

Pasjonatka said...

What a nice coupboards! Especially I like the first one - its colour and form are beautiful.
I love to visiting Your blog - it's very inspiring and full of creative ideas. Thank You :)
Have a good time :)
Paulina

River said...

Beautiful pieces, Catherine. I love that curved little chest of drawers.

Kimberlee said...

Gorgeous - but my fav is the top one! Two girls nights out in a row? Nice work Catherine! xxx

My name is PJ. said...

I love small cupboards and small chests of drawers myself! I hope your girls' night out was a blast!

mondo cherry said...

I could do with that top one at my place too. In fact, a couple of them wouldn't go amiss.
Hope you enjoyed your night out - I always, always, always eat too much Mexican!
Clare x

Kellie ~ Ada and Darcy said...

I love those ghost chairs with that green drawer. Great selection!

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

wow Catherine! I can see you're really having fun lately! good for you! I adore those cupboards. have a beautiful time!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

That top cabinet, I agree, is to-die-for perfect. Love, love, love it, too!

ness lockyer said...

At my regular haunt here in Tassie was your top cupboard...in yellow (minor glitch) which sold for $15.00!!! If only you posted this on Friday.
Have a great night out.
Ness xx

DESIGN BY CATHLEEN said...

I just love the versatility of these little cupboards, you can always find a little space for one too! too cute!

xoxo,
Cathleen

Blair said...

Oh love the patina color! Hope you had a wonderful night out with the girls!

ana said...

Oh the second one is so pretty

Solange said...

This green is gorgeous, faded, so charming and just great. I like blue, but green is also very nice and more special in a way.
ah, all you can eat mexican sounds dangerous indeed! enjoy the evening out!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Catherine,

I love the green chests, both so gorgeous. Also the lavender goes so well with the green colour.

Enjoy your nights out.

Hugs
Carolyn

Lauren said...

so pretty!!!! i'm with you on the first one!! WANT it!!
xoxo

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I think we think alike. I keep finding my future post here...lol I was also going to do a post on painted furniture and you once again beat me to it... ha

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I do love the two you have here. They are wonderful.

Rachel Follett said...

Beautiful! Love the distressing on them.

Alison Gibbs said...

Catherine both pieces are gorgeous.
Just perfect
Alison

{eloquent essence} said...

Lovely images! I especially adore the first cupboard. It make me want to strip down my boring wood dresser and paint it a bright and sensational color.

prolix said...

Kitchen cabinets may be custom designed to store dishes, drinking glasses, cups, bowls, all types of plastic house wares, cooking and baking utensils, silverware, cookbooks, cereal boxes, and canned goods. Food Display Cabinets