Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pared-back Paul


Paul Massey is a photographer based in London, who has a beautiful portfolio of work. His images often feature in gorgeous Brit magazine Living etc. I buy this magazine often, especially their famous annual 'white issue'.

Now Paul Massey's beautiful Victorian terrace home is featured in Living etc.


I adore the muted, restrained palette of Paul Massey's home: lashings of white, with soft browns and greys and a dash of black. Speaks of calm and sophistication to me.



A serial renovator, this is Paul Massey's tenth home he has brought to life by tearing down walls, adding french doors and bringing in lots of rustic, bespoke fixtures.



What was once a series of dark and pokey rooms is now bright, light and open-plan.



I love Paul's pared-back decorating style. It reminds me a lot of fellow Brit Atlanta Bartlett's style, just a touch more masculine and more minimal.



Paul and his daughter toured around Europe in a 60's VW campervan while the work was being done to bring the old place to life. They collected lots of beautiful curios along the way.



Paul's vignettes are spare, but beautiful and full of pieces with a lovely rustic patina.

Paul puts together his treasured, carefully collected pieces with a photographer's keen eye.

The home manages to be both spare and cosy at the same time. I could spend an hour or two lolling about on this couch with a good book and a hot chocolate.






If Paul Massey gets tired of photography, I think he should go into the decorating game! His house is simply stunning and inspiring.
If you would like a full tour of this delicous home, visit Living etc. To view Paul Massey's beautiful portfolio of work, go here.
Best wishes,

18 comments:

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I love his work ! I could move right in. Thanks for sharing.

Lee said...

I love Paul Massey's photography, and now I love Paul's home too. He has an amazing sense of style. Thanks for the heads up on this wonderful home. Lee :)

Leigh said...

As you say, not only a brilliant photographer but a wonderful interior designer as well. Gorgeous house - love his collection of beautiful and interesting treasures.

Leigh

aura said...

Oh I love his kitchen and fireplace....especially the fireplace.

sealaura said...

i like the little drops of taupe here and there. I think taupe might be one of my fave colors.

Lauren said...

Catherine- thank you so much for sending me on to this one!! :) You brightened my day & YES I love it & you're right, he's totally a male Atlanta Bartlett style-wise!!

I do love how its so spare yet feels so cozy & inviting. have been missing you & all these beautiful posts & have a lot of catching up to do!!!
xoxo

ps- will be moving this weekend & next week but please pass any more posts on!!

my favorite and my best said...

drool.

Alison Gibbs said...

Wow what a fantastic home and great photography
Alison

My name is PJ. said...

Love the zen feel of the muted tones and how he injects texture to keep it warm.

OLIVEAUX said...

His work is gorgeous - I love that kitchen. Amanda x

Claire Jackson said...

Divine, I love his house, white, natural, simple & oh so stylish...another fabulous post to enjoy, thanks! Claire

Terri said...

Thanks Catherine - I love his style and will check out his photography. I wholly agree that he could be a decorator! xo Terri

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Catherine,

I love all the white, looks so elegant and simple.
I also like the old shutters.

Thanks for sharing and I hope that you enjoy your weekend

Hugs
Carolyn

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Fabulous home. The sofa is my idea of perfect in colour and style. Thanks for another great post!

alice said...

These are so refreshing and pretty!

citysage said...

Wow wow wow! Of course I'm a longtime fan of his photos, and is it any wonder that his house is absolutely stunning too? That kitchen is definitely going in the inspiration files for my own apartment fix-ups!

ness lockyer said...

His photos are lovely and his home is beautiful. I agree it does remind me of Atlantas home. Great post Catherine. I have missed commenting. I think I have caught the gremlin in my computer!
Ness xx

ed said...

情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,自拍,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,H漫,A片,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,SEX,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區A片,視訊聊天室,情色,AV,視訊交友網,情色視訊,成人,色情,做愛,免費A片,A片下載,色情影片,成人影片,SEX,情色電影,成人電影,UT聊天室,聊天室,免費視訊,做愛影片徵信社,徵信,抓 姦,抓姦,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信徵信社,徵信,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,抓姦