Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fabulous Fabric Finds!

Now don't get me wrong, I have some fabulous friends, who I cherish. But I've really bonded with my friend Fiona over our shared love of decorating our homes and doing 'crafty things'.


Lovely Fiona has now offered to make me a quilt, and I'm ecstatic, as I've long admired her beautiful quilt. I love the deep navy colours and the slight japanese feel.


























And it will come just in time for winter. Lots of snuggling up under our quilt coming up!


I'll be chosing red fabrics, to go with the red touches in my living area.

















The only dilemma has been finding the fabrics. Nothing that I've seen in the fabric shops has floated my boat, while the interior design shops fabrics were mostly too expensive for a simple quilt.



So fab Fiona came to the party and suggested some fabulous on line fabrics stores. And all reasonable prices!

Here's some of the fabrics I like, in no particular order.






































































































































































































So I've got some choosing to do! The trick will be chosing the right reds and not having things too clashy.


I also saw some absolutely beautiful blue fabrics......









































































































I really love all the blue fabrics, probably more so than the red actually. But all my other accents are red. Decisions decisions!
Best wishes,

19 comments:

My name is PJ. said...

The blues are really lovely, Catherine...very serene like the shore. Red is my favorite color, though, so I could feel my pulse quicken as I scrolled through the fabrics. Yowza!

ness lockyer said...

They all look lovely. I love the Pippijoe one.
Oh, there is an etsy fabric store you might want to have a look at from Aus...
http://freshfabricaustralia.etsy.com
Ness xx

Rachael said...

Oh! sounds lovely - I have been into the funky fabrix store in Brisbane and it is drool worthy!!

Jeana said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see it. I don't decorate with red but that makes me want to. You have a fabric by one of may favorite designers Heather Bailey on there. I am really enjoying your site it's beautiful.

AnNicole @ OurSuburbanCottage said...

Beautiful fabrics! I too have a hard time finding great, inexpensive fabrics for some reason. It doesn't seem like it should be as difficult as it is. You have some great choices, though.

Marie said...

My fav is the red/white with trees and birds! Wanted to tell you I talked about you in my 50th blog today...just wanted to say "merci" for keeping me inspired :)
-marie

completely-coastal.com said...

The reds are fun and vibrant, and the blues feel calm and soothing (to me)...

Jade Creative said...

Beautiful quilt. The red quilt when finished, I'm sure will look fabulous as well.
Darlene

Solange said...

you are have a fabric crush!! I love the selection you share with us, very nice. Sometimes the choice is so big that it's even harder to make a choice.
have a great day!!

TheDecoDetective said...

I love the tree with the bird, it's really cute! That is your living room, right? The white couch? Looks fabulous!
Trudi =)

Draffin Bears said...

Beautiful fabrics Catherine and you will be looking forward to having your new quilt.

Enjoy your Thursday
Hugs
Carolyn

Sussi's värld said...

What a sweet friend you have, and the qulit is beautiful so no wonder you are exciting about getting your own.
Love the fabrics:-)

The Ivory Pearl Team said...

I love the patterns and the colours, especially the orange/red ones. Beautiful!

Anne Marie said...

I am really liking the trend of design lately...it's incorporating natural and graphic/modern, yet simple....
I saw your blog title and couldn't help to come over here due to my post today :)

Rachel Mallon said...

Great selections! I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

citysage said...

What fun it will be to watch your quilt come together! And I love the idea of the reds to tie in with your couch!

I could look at fabrics ALL day if my husband would let me!

Annie Edelman said...

You lucky girl! What a treasure!! Enjoy!! I do like the look of a few antique fabrics scattered amongst the bright reds.

DESIGN BY CATHLEEN said...

I've been over at Millie's (Laurel Hedge) and I hear Congratulations are in order So Congrats to You!!! So Proud of you!

Love the white and red together, when it's complete I think you will love it as much as the blue and white!

Congrats Girl,
xoxo,
Cathleen

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI Catherine, Congratulations on your fabulous friday! I love your blog and visit it often. I am starting my own blog and wondered if I could include you on my Blog List. I am new to all this and not sure what the Blog etiquette is! Thanks Julie