Wednesday, April 29, 2009

East meets west


I love it when a beautiful Asian antique is added to a room. Like a dash of soy sauce, it adds that extra zing, an added dimension that makes a room unique and personal.




Whether that be an ancient buddha.......






A beautiful console re-purposed as a bathroom cabinet....




Or any of the diverse pieces of Asian antique furniture.....







.....I just love the drama that an Asian piece can bring to a room.



I especially love when Asian pieces are put into a room that has a predominately Scandinavian look or a French look.


I think the juxtaposition of Asian furniture against more European-style pieces can prevent a room from looking too 'themed' and makes it more individual.



I have a number of Asian pieces in my home, some of which I've posted about before, but I'll put them all together in a post soon.

Best wishes,

14 comments:

Claire Jackson said...

Another gorgeous post Catherine, both in the way you write, what you feature, and how you bring it altogether. Divine.

Best wishes, Claire :-)

Solange said...

wow, a great post, especially like the 3rd picture, so beautiful.
wish you nice days ahead and I will visit soon again!
Solange

zoe said...

I like that bathroom! Thanks for the inspiration today!

Brenda said...

I love additions from all cultures. Instead of "cluttering" up the overall look, if you do it wisely, it adds personality and charm.
Brenda
http://cozylittlehouse.blogspot.com
http://viewfromthepines.com

My name is PJ. said...

You are an endless source of inspiration with all these great photos! Man! The top photo was the most striking to me. How is Angus doing?

Alison Gibbs said...

Fabulous photos Catherine. There is a certain style when East meets West.
Alison

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I really liked this post. My daughter lived in Hong Kong last year and brought home some great peices. She is building a new home right now, but later I will share...

Blair said...

Fantastic post catherine! That first image is just stunning--love the trio of prints!

aura said...

I LOVE the paintings in the first picture.

Terri said...

Lovely - can't wait to see your things. I have always been drawn to asian things but have only an altar table in my bedroom. I just love it and realize that I could use a few more asian objets. Lovely post! xo T.

Draffin Bears said...

Lovely post Catherine.
I like Asian furniture as it is so stylish and mostly simple.
Some of the wonderful lacquerware is
great.

Hugs
Carolyn

red.door.read said...

i love how australian design has lots of asian influences. great blog. thanks for visiting mine :)

River said...

I'm in love with that ancient Buddha under the stairs.

ed said...

聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080中部人聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,做愛,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,AIO,色情影片,情色網,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人小說,成人電影,麗的色遊戲,自拍,A片,AV女優,AV,A漫,視訊交友網,視訊,視訊交友,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,中古車,二手車