Monday, March 30, 2009

Still searching

I was on a mission on the weekend to find a little white cupboard. No luck this time, but I will keep on searching.

But while I was out and about, I did find some other little treasures that I couldn't resist.






















The rolling pin is vintage, from Denmark. I needed a rolling pin, and I thought this one was beautifully handcrafted and simple.
The silver icecream scoop has a wonderful patina, despite being new. I'm not really in to 'fake' old things, but this was too beautifully made to pass up.
The wooden brush is for cleaning kitchen items that can't go in the dishwasher. I love how an everyday item like a washing up brush can also be beautiful - function and form melding together beautifully! No plastic scrubbing brushes for me.
I also bought an old soda syphon bottle - a Woodroofe's bottle, which is a South Australian company. It is now sitting on top of my kitchen cupboards and if I find some more I might just start a small collection.
And finally, I bought some vintage style stickers. I have no idea what I'll use them for yet, but just thought they were so lovely and might come in handy for something!
The ironic thing is that I didn't buy a single one of these while at Strathalbyn yesterday. I bought these all on Saturday when I was supposed to be looking for fabric! The antique shops at Strath were full of china cup and saucer sets, cut glass, toby jugs and the like, which aren't really my thing. The few things I did like (some tiny silver boxes, a vintage electrical fan, some kitchen goods) were very very expensive - about double what I thought they would be. But it was a very pleasant day with the most beautiful sunny weather, and I got to sit on the grass by the river and chat to my friends after a leisurely lunch, so it was still worthwhile!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a good start to your week!
Best wishes,

20 comments:

My name is PJ said...

Hi Catherine, Great finds! Our tastes overlap quite a bit. I have always admired soda bottles, but when I've seen them (rarely) they've been prohibitively priced. Maybe I'm shopping on the wrong part of the globe!

vicki archer said...

Love the stickers Catherine, xv.

Vanya @ Endless Inspiration said...

Great shopping Catherine, v good finds

cate said...

Successful Shopping trip!!!Well done

Nicole said...

I'm still looking for raw and natural cleaning tools and products - not much luck so far...
Nicely done Catherine.

finominal said...

I wish I had experienced your weekend in preference to mine. While you were living the dream I was being tortured by 5 10 year old girls. No sleepover parties in this house again EVER! You obviously had a great time and I hope all that retail therapy did you the world of good. I think the postmark stickers would look fantastic used en masse in a frame on your new shelf! (nudge nudge). Chat soon babe x

Caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

Lovely finds, Catherine! You'll be lucky next time with the white cupboard!
Have a lovely Monday, darling!
xoxo

AnNicole @ OurSuburbanCottage said...

Great finds! It looks like you had fun. I love those fabrics too.

Alison Gibbs said...

Catherine what wonderful finds - I love that washing up brush.
Alison

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Hi Catherine, You've made me want to get in the car and go to my local thrift shops, but instead I must go on a job interview. Maybe if I get a job I'll be able to have some money to spend. L.O.L.

Rachel said...

A good rolling pin is a real treasure. I actually use my great grandmother's rolling pin, and it will be in our family forever.

My Favorite and My Best said...

great finds! love them all!!
xoj

Blair said...

I am sorry you didn't find a chest but looks like you found some lovely home accessories!

A-M said...

Look at all those gorgeous things. Aren't you clever! You find the most exquisite things! A-M xx

j u s t i m a g i n e said...

oh so much fun !! How cute are your finds...I particulary love the bottle.

Millie said...

Good hunting Catherine! Love the Woodies syphon bottle, not that I'm old enough to remember them personally! Glad you had a lovely day @ Strath.
Millie ^_^

Solange said...

hi Catherine, nice things you found. Isn't it great to succeed in your shopping, it gives me such a thrill.
love, the soda bottles and good luck with the cupboard search, you'll find one, one of these days. :-)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Catherine,

Glad that you had a great day with your friends and what a lot of lovely things you bought.

My parents used to have an old soda syphon and they used to make a lovely ginger ale drink.

Hugs
Carolyn

Isabel loves design said...

Love the lot, I have 4 of those bottles, may I ask approximately how much they are worth, here they very, my last one I fond it in the side of the road, lucky me. The other three bought them 20 years ago, next to nothing...

ed said...

視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,聊天室,視訊做愛,視訊,做愛,情色視訊,情色,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊交友網,視訊交友,美女視訊,視訊美女,A片,AIO交友愛情館,AIO,日本A片,免費A片下載,免費A片,A片下載,AV片,AV,A,情色A片,情色,AV女優,A漫,H漫,成人漫畫,UT聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,成人聊天室,成人,愛情公寓,色情網站,寄情築園小遊戲,情色交友,一葉情貼圖片區,微風成人區,微風成人,微風論壇,成人網站,成人光碟,嘟嘟成人網,成人影城,18成人,成人電影,成人影片,本土自拍,自拍