Monday, March 9, 2009

The last days of summer

Officially, summer is over in Australia, and autumn has begun. But you wouldn't know it here in Adelaide. The last few days we have enjoyed brilliant sunshine, warm weather and cloudless blue skies. Today I enjoyed a barbeque with my family, out in the beautiful weather. And the weather forecasters are promising more gorgeous weather for the rest of the week. Lucky us!

But I know it won't be long before the skies turn grey, the days get shorter and the leaves start to turn. Then it will be time to close the windows, cosy up inside and bring out the throw rugs and hot chocolate.

So in celebration of the last days of summer in the southern hemisphere and the beginning of spring in the northern hemisphere, I've posted some pictures saturated with gorgeous colours that sing of spring and summer.



14 comments:

vicki archer said...

Oh, I am in the mood for these colours Catherine, xv.

ness lockyer said...

We have had a Summery weekend here too...isn't it so nice before the woolies come out?
Ness xx

Rachael said...

love those round cushions...and the colours are gorgeous!
My favourite part about the adelaide summer is that is was blue skies til 9 at night...

MOMSWEB said...

I hope you enjoy your last days of summer as much as I enjoyed visiting with you! Beautiful pictures and a beautiful blog!

Caroline @ Absolutely Unique said...

Beautiful photos, Catherine! We're also enjoying the last days of summer here in Patagonia. Yesterday was really hot and sunny, and the same is promised for today. So let's enjoy it while it lasts!
xx

Heidi said...

Love these pics. We are headed straight into spring and all of these colors are inspirational. Have a great day, Heidi

P.S. I hope you are feeling better.

Vårt liv i norr said...

I admit!! I'm jealous!!!
Up here north of the arctic circle we have winter....and it's two months until spring will come...

LaurenFaythe said...

Thanks for the images! I'm looking forward to our Spring coming up soon!

Vanya @ Endless Inspiration said...

Roll on summer, I can't wait! At least in OZ you get winter blue sky and its not as cold as London; you lucky things you :)

www.designfabulous.com said...

I love all these pictures. It is unseasonally warm here, and this makes me want summer to come even sooner.

completely-coastal.com said...

I just get a kick out the fact that your down in the southern hemisphere and I'm in the northern one!

River said...

I know you're a fan of white, white, white, so it's a nice change to see these beautiful colours on your blog.
We know it's Autumn here in Adelaide because the nights are beautifully cool for comfortable sleeping.

Millie said...

As a Summer girl these colours make me very, very happy! Still can't work out what drugs I was on when we decided to move to the Hills, as I absolutely loathe Winter! Still it keeps MOTH on his toes, trying to figure that one out. A positively gorgeous post Catherine.
Millie ^_^

j u s t i m a g i n e said...

ooh I love those Lazy Bones Bed Quilts....they are soooo soft and the colours are DIVINE...I was sooo close to purchasing one BUT I UNFORTUNATELY don't need one agh !!