Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cool me down now

I'm feeling kind of wilted at the moment. You see, we've had the hottest day here in Adelaide in 70 years, reaching a blistering 45.5 degrees Celsius (113.9 f). Even the airconditioning is struggling. We are not alone - the state of Victoria is sweltering too. So what else to do but look at some fabulous pictures to divert my attention?

How glamorous is this place? Love the white curtains billowing in the cool breeze, ahhh








More billowy white curtains. Waiter please bring me a lemon lime and bitters while I recline on this seat with a good book






And more...how divine is this...think I might go for a cooling dip






Although this little poolhouse with its day bed is rather lovely too, and so close to the pool...








You can never go past a pool that melts into the horizon, especially when the horizon is as good as this...






All this gliding through the pool has left me a little tired, so I think I'll take a nap now, here






or here.





Ok, I'm feeling a little cooler now. Hope you are feeling comfortable, where ever you happen to be in this world.



11 comments:

Lee said...

I'm sitting sweltering in Melbourne right now and wish like crazy that I could twitch my nose like Samantha in Bewitched and instantaneously have a swimming pool in my back yard. Oh well, I'll just have to look at the beautiful pics you've posted and dream instead. Thanks for the temporary 'cool me down'.

Kath Lockett said...

What a lovely and appropriate post for today, Catherine. 45C in Adelaide is inhuman !!!

We've re-discovered sunny boys - remember those frozen triangle iceblocks? They last for a long time and therefore keep hot and bothered children occupied and a little bit cooler for longer :)

j u s t i m a g i n e said...

sigh......ahhh just what I needed !

Vanya @ Endless Inspiration said...

How absolutely divine, I want to go there now, SO over winter!

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Wow...I could imagine how hot that would be. I could send some snow your way. We have plenty of it here in Indiana. I love white sheers, They are bring a calmness and peaceful feeling to anything.

simpledaisy said...

Enjoy it!!
We are absolutely freezing here in the Midwestern United States!! I would love to be sweltering!!!
Love the pictures!!

Alison Gibbs said...

Sure is too hot. Went for a walk at 6 this morning and it was already 30. Bring us a cool change!!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

I am so in love with all of those places - someone send me an airline ticket. Quick!

Lauren said...

Looks like Heaven... And I am a bit jealous of your heat :) we had a snow day today

ness lockyer said...

I will take any of those thanks. We are here in Tassie even with the air con on and all blinds and curtains closed just trying to get some releif from 34C. So, I can't even imagine what you are feeling.
Ness xx

mondo cherry said...

Crazy weather. I'm very relieved it isn't nearly so hot up here, although the humidity has been terrible.
Hope you manage to stay cool. How has your gorgeous little boy been settling in to his new school?
Clare