Monday, December 22, 2008

Now that's a window seat

Like half of the people on this planet, I'm rather busy preparing for Christmas, so this will be a short post today. After I've done this post I'll be wrapping the last of the Christmas pressies and then making cheese biscuits. My grandmother always used to make cheese biscuits at Christmas time, and when she passed away I picked up the tradition. They are like a savory shortbread - melt in the mouth with a sharp cheese flavour. Yum!

Anyway, I spied this window seat in the current edition of Australian House and Garden, which came out today. While I am not a fan of louvred windows (a little modern for my tastes), the soothing natural colours and the stunning sea view took my breath away.

Enjoy, Catherine. xx


3 comments:

citysage said...

Ooh! Cheese biscuits sound beautiful! My mother in law does a lovely cold shrimp salad that we just scoop with plain crackers, but I'll bet it would be divine with cheese biscuits!

hope you're having a wonderful holiday with your loved ones and with your little guy especially Catherine!

xo
Anne

Terri said...

Hi Catherine - thanks for your sweet comments on my blog and for taking so much time to read my posts. I cannot imagine the utter patience of reading all those posts. And when I look back, it is amazing to see how our tastes and interests are constantly evolving - where was I two years ago? I don't even remember!

I will have a lot of catching up to do with you also, which I promise to do since you are my twin on the other side of the world! I vow I will read up on your posts over the holiday, so I will know all your secrets!

So nice to meet you and find a kindred spirit and someone I have so much in common with!! Love your style too!
xo and soon, Terri

P.S. I am having a hard time getting my head around a warm weather Christmas! You are opening my mind to a whole other world (it is snowy and icy and -30C here today!!)

Kara said...

Ohh, the biscuits sound super yummy! Any chance you'll post the recipe -- or is it a family secret?

Have a lovely holiday!
K