Sunday, December 28, 2008

Laid back luxury

Do you have some time up your sleeve over the Christmas holidays and feel like getting away? How about whisking yourself off to Marrakech, Morocco and staying at the Dar Seven?
After the chaotic hustle and bustle of the maze like streets of Marrakesh, come back to the tranquility of the Dar Seven, where dinner awaits you in a candlelit courtyard.









After a hard day of hitting the markets and haggling for your own little pieces of Morrocco in the form of exotic lamps, mother of pearl in laid mirrors and sequined slippers, you will be able to slip into these soft sheets.

Or these. Note the exquisite metal work on the windows and the gorgeous shutters. Over looking a street with donkey drawn carts passing by and street vendors shouting out their wares, no doubt.


But not before you have a bath....or a massage or treatment by Fatima.

Check out this light fitting below. I'll be searching the markets for one of these to take home.



Well, I've picked my room. Light the candles, I'm arriving soon.....


11 comments:

Romana said...

yes please, make me reservation now :)

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Ahhh. Yes. I believe I am vitually there!! beautiful!

j u s t i m a g i n e said...

oooooooooooh ahhhhhhhh what a trip !

karlene said...

so pretty!!!

Beautiful Living said...

Wow, those pictures are just stunning! Am really wanting to go to Morocco, and I think that hotel is where I'll be staying ;) Thanks for the beautiful pics. I have seen a lantern like that at casbahdecor.com :D

citysage said...

Ooh, can I stow away in your suitcase? We'll haggle together---though I'm an easy sell, so maybe you can play bad cop and i'll play good cop when we go to the markets.

i love that you've found a morrocan hotel that satisfies your love of cool soothing shades of white and grey.

and could you please let fatima know that i'd like the extra deep tissue massage, and that i prefer my facials to be on the rough side?

hope you had a fab chrissie catherine!

Velvet and Linen said...

Wow. That is a gorgeous hotel.
Do you think the kids would notice if I were gone for a few days?
I think their holiday gifts might keep them occupied while I'm away.

xo
Brooke

Solange said...

oh my...I think I want my home to look like that! so beautiful. Where do you get all this amazing inspriration and photos, just great.
I hope you enjoyed your christmas as well, now all is over, it feels good to organize and tidy a bit, there was wrapping paper and sweets everywhere....

have a good day,
Solange

Terri said...

Oh my, how utterly exquisite. Thanks for the mini-vacation! I love everything in these photos, but that white billowy canopy bed gets my vote! xo Terri

dolcechic said...

These photos are amazing! I hope you have a Happy New Year! :)

Lauren said...

Just so gorgeous!!!!